Youth competitions typically take place in two-year age divisions (see below). These age divisions provide young athletes the opportunity to compete with other athletes of similar ability. The age divisions for competition year 2013 are as follows:
Age Division Year of Birth
Sub-bantam 2005+* Bantam 2003-2004
Midget 2001-2002 Youth 1999-2000
Intermediate 1998-1999 Young 1995-1996**
* Per USATF Rule 300.1 (c) “Athletes must be at least seven (7) years of age on December 31 of the current year to compete at the Junior Olympic National Championships.”
Talk about Indoor National, Youth Nationals and World Team Trials! (Youth Olympics)
Harrier Track Club is a sports program created for athletes of all ages and all levels. It is a program for the serious and non serious athlete. Whether you’re an athlete who wants to better all your personal records, someone who wants to get back in shape, an athlete who has never competed before and would like to give it a go, or just someone who has never been a part of an sports program before and wants to try out, this program is for you.
Overview - Pearson's Distance Project goals:
1. To promote athletics as a whole.
2. To promote and provide a youth program for youngsters in athletics.
3. To provide an opportunity for both serious and recreational athletes to advance their skills and knowledge in athletics.
4. To provide an opportunity for ANY athlete to improve and be competitive at local and regional or national and world levels.
Please check our Program Philosophy tab to the left for our program's mission and compete list of goals.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Pearson's Distance Project at firstname.lastname@example.org or call